Saturday, November 28, 2009

The day before the concert

So I just had one of the last rehearsals for my new piece "Fire and Ice" based on the poem "Fire and Ice" by Robert Frost. I am very happy with how it went and even the unexpected guest (Dr. Liebel) thought it was great. She made the comment that the two characters were different and that the piece took you on a coherent musical journey; which is what I was definitly going for. It took a while to get to this point but it seems as if everything is finally worked out, a lot of the chamber music spots are fixed and things transition pretty smoothly. I have great players for my piece so that really helps a lot, they make it sound great and flow great.

Last week in class was the first time I was able to present and I was happy with the comments, and lack of criticism. Everybody thought it was great and no body had any big criticisms which meant that I didn't need to make any big changes.

After the concert is over I definitly have a bit of work to do in fixing the score. From the players suggestions I will make things easier to read, make tranisitions smoother and also I will make the ensemble aspects of it much easier.

I cannot wait to perform this tomorrow, I think it will be awsome.

No comments:

Post a Comment