Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Good copy of score

I have been very surprised this semester over the amount of work it takes to make a good final copy of a score. It seems like every time I look over my score, no matter how many times I do, I will always find something that I want to fix. More so for my second score I find myself becoming very picky about positioning and how things are positioned. I do believe in first impressions and if a score looks appealing and professional then more people will spend time with the score. Even though all of the nit picky things are hard to get through it seems in the end it is worth it.
Even though my last score probably was not presented the best way I remember getting it back from Staples and thinking that it looked really professional... laser paper makes things look great.

I also find program notes hard to write. I tend to wonder if I should leave certain information out so the player can discover it on there own or if I should enlighten them so that they know exactly what I had in mind. I also have trouble in terms of, should this go under program notes or should I make a performance instructions section.

All in all I have concluded that the more detail you add the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment