Friday, November 13, 2009

New Project

After a lot of searching and reading I have finally found a text that I like to set to music, I finally decided on a poem by the poet Robert Frost. I found it difficult to find a text that I liked to set to music, I searched many different resources and I had a lot of texts that I liked, but I found that music would not enhance them. I searched through a lot of Edgar Allen Poe, I looked on the internet and through a bunch of different compliation books consisting of poems. I eventaully went to greek theatre as a resource and I found some really cool text from Oedipus Rex and after finding this I had made up my mind that this was the text I wanted. After spending a few days with this text I started to lose interest in it and I quickly put it aside and turned my attention back to a Robert Frost book. After reading the poem "Fire and Ice" I knew that this poem would be great to set to music, I thought I could do a lot with the two contrasting characters, fire and ice. My next step now is too set the text to a natural rhythm that I will use in my new piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment