Sunday, November 22, 2009

Even though I do need to go through my piece, tweak and change some things I have finally set the whole poem to music. The task of setting text to music was harder then I had first expected because I really didn't know and wasn't sure of what I wanted to write for the ice charavter. I had lots of ideas down but it was only until recently that I felt okay with what I had written. I have changed my idea a little bit. In stead of using just one whole tone scale the half way through I changed to another whole tone scale. Unfortunately where there is less then a week left before the preformance I can't make to many changes because I would only make things a lot more challenging for my players; it is bad enough they are only going to get their part either tonight or tomorrow.

I think that my two conrasting ideas are quite different and am, for the most part happy with how it turnded out. Later on this evening I have to make some final adjustments and add the final touches and hopefully things will be all set.

No comments:

Post a Comment