Saturday, February 27, 2010

Second Project

Myself and a couple of my class mates have taken it upon ourselves to write a piece for concert band. I have spent a little bit of time with it so far and it has definitely been a challenge and is making me think and make decisions I have never thought about before. I came into this project with an idea I had but when starting to write it I now had to began to think about how to voice my chords and which instruments I want to play which idea. I am still in the beginning stages of this piece, I am still at the point of thinking of material and how to get into my ideas I have. The coming days and sessions I will have with my ideas and this project will be tough and I will have lots of decisions to make. It definitely is a huge, time consuming porject to take on, considering I only have 5 weeks to write it but it will definitly be worth it. Plus the idea of entering it into a competition and possibly winning some money is a great bonus aswell.

No comments:

Post a Comment