Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Piano solo #2

I am presenting my second piano solo tomorrow and I am not really sure that what I have written really works. I tried to take a bit of a minimalistic approach to this one, and I think I have just made it too boring. I have found that writing minimalist music is tougher then it seems, even though there isn't much material it is hard to write. I find I don't really know where to stop in terms of repeating things, and consequently I don't know where I should keep going with ideas. I am looking forward to getting some comments to see if I can improve on it, or to see if I should just trash it. Hopefully the comments will help and I can add to it and really make it a cool little piece. We now have an up and coming concert on the 30th so it is going to be a rush to get these parts out to Dylan who was thankfully able to play my pieces for me. Not much time but lots to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment