Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Character Piece #2

After hearing the comments on my second character piece in class on Monday, I am left with lots of good comments and lots of ways to improve my piece. One important comment that came up from Dr. Ross is too expand on the b section that I have written; where I start to have 16th notes. I agree with this comment and my plan is too expand and add some variations to this section. Another comment brought was, what would it sound like if I references the beginning material at the end. I have thought about this and I think I am going to try doing this, hopefully give this piece a coherent ending. There was also conversation about the speed of the fan on the vibraphone. I definitly want to use the fan in my piece but I need to decide on a fan and how I should approach the performance aspect of the instrument and the fan. I have lots of things to think about and change and I am excited to make all my changes and try to make my composition better.

1 comment:

  1. Good entry, Andrew! I'm looking forward to hearing the revised version, or your next piece, if you don't revise it right away.

    ReplyDelete