Sunday, April 4, 2010

Ending

I believe that an ending to a piece is very important to a composition. You can't leave an ending going on to long and can you can't end the piece to quickly. My questions and thoughts about my piece as of lately have been around how I should end the piece. Of course I can bring things back and make the piece coherent but how does one go about making a perfect ending? I feel that my piece is lacking that. It could just be from me having to finish my piece for a deadline but my piece does not have that really special ending.

I feel as if I just want to be finished with this piece because it seems that this has been the only thing I have done for a while is write and orchestrate. Maybe I can't write the perfect ending because I feel more distant than usual towards my piece. I think if I were to take a few days off, I could think about things and possibilities and give my piece the ending it needs.

This kind of brings up another point I have been thinking about lately, how much do you compromise for a deadline, normally if you were writing something for yourself you would make sure every part of your piece is what you want. Sometimes however I feel as if I have to compromise on things like accompaniment and colour. If I had a few more weeks to work on this piece I would take lots of time to go through my piece and make it exactly what I want and what I hear in my head.

As I am finishing up my piece these are just a few of the things I have been thinking about while wishing I had more time before my piece needs to be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment